Joe made it back with the new turbo Tuesday evening and we had it installed and ready to go late Tuesday night. With that we took a fishing day/sea trial Wednesday and it was spectacular fishing at Devils Point just before High Tide. Flying fish were everywhere along with Frigate birds and the white birds chasing after the flyers getting jumped up out of the water by the Mahi.
We spent about two hours fishing there and loaded up on mahi and saw a white that never ate the long rigger it came up on. Then off went the alarm and the engine was starting to overheat. Unfortunately crisis wasn’t averted and it turns out we have an entirely different issue.
Today (Thursday) we have spent the day purging the water out of the engine so she can turn back over again and will be getting ourselves back to trying to determine the original problem which is seeking more like a faulty exhaust manifold now.
Lunch break is over, so back at it.